12 Week Beginner In Home Program For Men
This program is delivered via my Dowdell Fitness Systems Coaching App available for iOS and Android. You will benefit from having more detail and most of all be able to access in app features.
Please click on the following link to have a look at your In-Home Gym options: Gym Packages
This In-Home program is specifically designed for anyone who has less than 1 year of training experience and would rather train at home. I would say that this would be the most entry-level program that I offer.
Inside the App, you will find everything you need in order to get the most out of this experience. There is a Coaching section where you will have access to six short coaching videos in order to educate you on a variety of topics pertaining to the program as well as a nutritional handbook to help teach you proper nutritional habits for living a healthier, leaner lifestyle.
Finally, you will find the training programs themselves (see below for more detail) which not only include all of the program details but also short video clips of all of the movements, exercise descriptions, coaching tips and even some alternative exercise options in case you need to make some slight changes.
As for the training program itself, it consists of three, 4-week training blocks (which scale up in intensity from phase to phase) and each block is broken down into two main components, the strength training sessions, and energy system development (i.e., cardio) sessions. I’ve provided some additional program details below:
- Strength Training Sessions
- The strength training workouts will be performed three times per week on non-consecutive days (i.e., M, W, and F).
- Each total body strength training session will be preceded by some Foam Rolling (optional) and a short dynamic warm-up (i.e., Movement Preparation). And it will be followed up with some light static stretching.
- The sessions should take under an hour including the warm-up and stretch.
2. Energy System Development (ESD) Sessions.
- In addition to the conditioning section at the end of the strength training workouts, you will also perform two days of additional Cardio sessions which should be performed on the days in between the strength training sessions.
- The focus will be on developing your aerobic base so that we can eventually introduce some higher intensity work.
- The sessions will vary in duration from 20-45 minutes depending on your current fitness level.
The program requires a Basic Home Gym package so for your convenience I have asked the people at Power Systems to create two different versions for me.
Please click on the following link to have a look at your options: Gym Packages
Once you purchase this Program, you will be redirected to a “Sign Up” page. Then after you sign up for the app you will receive an e-mail with further instruction on how to download the app in both iOS and Android versions onto your tablet or device.