8 Weeks to Creating a Solid Foundation for a Better You Program – Commercial Gym – App Version
This program is delivered via my Dowdell Fitness Systems Coaching App available for iOS and Android. You will benefit from having more detail and most of all be able to access in app features. Choosing the App Version of this program can make your training program even more dynamic.
This 8-week program is for anyone with less than one year of training experience (or has been away from training for more than 6 months) and is going to be training in a commercial gym environment. It is designed to ensure that you have the proper foundation to handle my other programs in the future if decide to continue on. Ultimately, the goal of this program is to help set the stage for a lifetime of progress and sustainable results.
You will learn about the four pillars of health and fitness that are the key to achieving long-term success in having a fit, healthy body. After going through this 8-week program, you will be on the right path to having better control over your lifestyle decisions as well as feeling stronger, having more energy and looking better.
Inside the App, you will find everything you need in order to get the most out of this experience. There is a Coaching section where you will have access to six short coaching videos in order to educate you on a variety of topics pertaining to the program as well as a nutritional handbook to help teach you proper nutritional habits for living a healthier, leaner lifestyle.
Finally, you will find the training programs themselves (see below for more detail) which not only include all of the program details but also short video clips of all of the movements, exercise descriptions, coaching tips and even some alternative exercise options in case you need to make some slight changes.
As for the training program itself, it consists of two, 4-week training blocks (which scale up in intensity from phase to phase) and each block is broken down into two main components, the strength training sessions, and energy system development (i.e., cardio) sessions. I’ve provided some additional program details below:
Strength Training Sessions
- The strength training workouts will be performed three times per week on non-consecutive days (i.e., M, W, and F).
- Each total body strength training session will be preceded by some Foam Rolling (optional) and a short dynamic warm-up (i.e., Movement Preparation). And it will be followed up with some light static stretching.
- The sessions should take under an hour including the warm-up and stretch.
Energy System Development (ESD) Sessions.
- These ESD (i.e., Cardio) sessions will be performed two times per week in phase 1 on the days in between the strength training sessions and then three times per week in phase 1.
- Phase 1 will focus on low-intensity steady state work in order to build your aerobic base. Phase two will introduce two days per week of medium intensity intervals and you will also continue to do one day of the low-intensity steady state work.
- The sessions will vary in duration from 26-55 minutes depending on your fitness level and which week of the program you are in.
Once you purchase this Program, you will be redirected to a “Sign Up” page. Then after you sign up for the app you will receive an e-mail with further instruction on how to download the app in both iOS and Android versions onto your tablet or device.